Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Looking for a New Recipe? Here are websites I check out

I am always trying new recipes so I frequent a lot of websites looking for different thngs to cook during the week, to entertain or cooking techniques to try.  I find out about these sites from magazines I subscribe to, TV shows I watch or simply searching for something to do with an ingredient I have on hand.  I'm a bit obsessed with recipies.  I own a ton of cookbooks and love purchasing a cookbook when I travel to try the get local fair once home.

Food Network:  I watch too many cooking shows but I get a ton of ideas from them.  Food Network is the main site and here are the shows I watch or pull recipes from:  Cooking for Real with Sunny Anderson, Giada at Home with Giada De Laurentiis (I use to watch her show Everyday Italian), Barefoot Contessa with Ina Garten, Guy's Big Bite with Guy Fieri.  I use to watch How to Boil Water with Tyler Florence but I don't seem to find that on when I'm looking, same goes for Tyler's Ultimate

Cooking Channel is another channel that has food shows.  Some of the shows that use to be on the Food Network have moved here like Everyday Italian.  You can still find her older episodes on Food Network.  Check out Chuck's Day Off

I watch these shows daily and have run into some winners. 
The Early Show:  The Early show has guest chefs like Katy Lee or the various chefs who participate in Chefs on a Shoestring. 
Rachel Ray:  I pick up recipies, various tips from her show.

These are sites I receive weekly or periodic emails from or subscribe to their magazine:
Eat Better America
Slow Food
Eat Well:  One of 2010 favorite magazines
Cuisine at Home:  One of 2010 favorite magazines
Real Simple:  Recipe and other tips

These are sites I check out every now and then:
Everyday Food
Williams Sonoma
Pillsbury
Martha Stewart
America's Test Kitchen
Fine Cooking
The Pioneer Woman
Food
Recipe for Togetherness
Taste of Home:  I have also subscribed to their magazine and I have over 10 years of their annual cookbooks.

These are sites on my list to check out.
Delish
Copy Cat
Divine Dinner Parties
Love Food Hate Waste:  Liked the title but haven't checked out the site.
Gourmet Sleuth
Nugget Markets
Vegetarian Times:  I have been researching raw foods when I found this site.
Nancy's Kitchen:  Recommended by a friend for marinades.
Sustainable Table
Vegetarian Times:  Trying to do without meat one day a week, "meatless Monday"
David Lebovitz:  I read about this one in an Oprah magazine that talked about Bacon icecream.
GoJee:  have a craving or an ingredient and need a recipe, check here.

Drinks:
Drink Mixers

Here are some blogs I have ran across since I started my blog.  I haven't used them yet but they are bookmarked just in case:
Simply Recipes
Chocolate & Zucchini
All You Can Eat
A Year of Slow Cooking
Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity

Calorie Counters and things to help you eat better:
Calorie Count
Fat Secret

No comments:

Post a Comment