Monday, April 11, 2011

Bucket List

I think it is necessary to have goals and for me a list or "lists" work best.  I'm a chronic list writer.  I have lists for everything.  I thought I would publish my bucket list to have a tiny bit of accountability for me and just to know I've put it out there and hopefully I will be able to cross off some things over time.  As life changes so might my bucket list so some things may never happen and that is OK but it will be nice to see how it goes.  As I complete the item I'll date and put in in italics.  Posted:  4/11/2011. 

1. Travel the world
     a. Ireland: Dublin, Cork, Galway, Mayo
     b. Italy:  Milan, Naples, Verona, Turin, Bologna, Perugia, Genoa
     c. Greece:  Athens
     d. Australia
     f.  New Zealand
     g. Alaska
     h. Sweden
     i.  Norway
     j. Switzerland
     k. Scotland
     l.  South of France
    m. Fiji
    n.  African Safari
    o.  Stonehenge:  England
    p.  Great Wall of China
    q.  Pyramids
     r. Amsterdam
    s. Dutch tulip garden in April/May
2. All 50 States (minus the one's I've been to) plus the Grand Canyon: AZ, Yellowstone: WY, White house: DC, Hollywood sign: CA, Mt. Rushmore: SD, HI (Volcanoes National Park), Mackinac Island, Graceland-Memphis TN, 911 Memorial-NY
3. Singing lessons
4. Cooking lessons
5. Meat physic John Edward
6. Scuba Certified
7. Do a Zip line.  Sonoma Canapy Zip is the one I want to try.
8. 10-12 day cruise (I've realized I'm not a cruiser, feel trapped and need more to do but eat buffets, gamble and sit by the pool)
10. Glass Blowing or fusing and slumping class at Public Glass in SF or in Berkeley at Revere Glass School.
11. Learn a foreign language (French fun, Spanish practical)
13. Kayak on a lake
14. Publish my cookbook
16. Mosaic class (do again to gain confidence and complete projects)
17. Refinishing class (do again to gain confidence and complete projects)
18.  Jet Pack Adventures in Key West (90 min ride over the water for $250)
22.  Green Thumb (successful yearly vegetable gardener)
23.  Master my camera settings and photoshop
25.  Learn to Golf (take a class with a girlfriend JB)
26.  Drive a Segway
27.  Drive a GoCart like the one's in SF
28.  Hit my goal weight
29.  Learn to meditate and practice it regularly
30.  Learn to make wine
33.  Burnng Man in Black Rock Deert (Aug/Sept).  Buy tix early, they sold out in July for 2011.
34.  The Great Jack O Lantern Blaze in NY
35:  Rocky Horror Picture Show (1st Sat of month in Livermore, CA)

Since my bucket list is continually growing I thought I would move my accomplishments off the list to make it more clear.
  • Palates class  - 2011
  • "Sunday's a DRAG" the drag queen show at the Sir Francis Drake (5/1/2011)
  • American Idiot:  July 5, 2012
  • Priscilla:  Queen of the Desert
  • Stained glass class
  • Canning all types of foods
  • Master all my favorite recipes/foods - WIP
  • New restaurants and bars, monthly (on my list) - WIP
  • Get to know SF like I got to know Boston (more than just where the tourists go)
  • Painting class 2014
  • Take a pottery class 2014
  • Cher 7/2/2014
  • Photography class 2014
  • Caribbean (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau 2016, one and done)
  • Rome, Venice, Florence, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Coliseum (2017)

Sadly #2 had to be removed from my Bucket list because it is no longer an option
  • Oprah show 2011 (check site for lottery times)

No comments:

Post a Comment