Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Salt and Pepper Chicken Thighs

Although I didn't do it EXACTLY like he said, I did try Clinton Kelly's Crispy Chicken Thighs.  I didn't use a 1/4 C. of oil or toss them in the bowl to save on dishes but they were tasty.  I just wouldn't call them crispy and although some people thought it was like fried chicken I don't see that at ALL.  I will make them again because on a busy night when all I have to do it cover a cookie sheet with foil, sprinkle the thighs with salt, pepper and EVOO and bake I am golden...and so were the thighs.  Also after 20 minutes I added a bunch of asparagus and within the 45 minutes the entire meal was done, chicken and veg.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a pix of my plate but here is what the thighs looked like.  I'll update the picture when I make them again. 

S&P CHICKEN
4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
-EVOO
-Kosher salt
-Coarse ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400°F.  On a cookie sheet lined with foil, sprinkle both sides of chicken thighs with salt, pepper and a healthy drizzle of EVOO.  Bake 45 minutes.  Let rest 5, serve.

Serving Suggestion:  After 20 minutes add a bunch of asparagus to the sheet pan, sprinkle with salt, pepper and EVOO and finish cooking.






No comments:

Post a Comment