Thursday, July 10, 2014

Caesar Mashed Potatoes, very different but tasty

It has been a bit since I posted something but that doesn't mean I haven't been trying new recipes.  I will get caught up on all the things I've tried very soon.  Like the many apricot recipes, when my neighbor dropped off two huge bowls of apricots.

Yesterdays recipe was a winner although I will try and reduce the fat next time to what I have listed below.  I was intrigued by the recipe until I started adding the 1/2 C. of oil which felt like way too much and then to add the 1/4 C. mayo I really thought it was over the top.  To my surprise they tasted rather refreshing because of the lemon.  They were not too heavy or oily and they paired perfectly with my baby lamb TBone chops and a salad.  The original recipe came from Cuisine at Home #105 May/June 2014 pg. 30.

Awhile back I made pickled strawberries so I used them for the first time in my salad and used the juice to make a dressing.  I'll add this recipe too.  They were much better than the first recipe I tried.


CAESAR MASHED POTATOES
1 ½ lb. red potatoes
¼ C. EVOO
⅛ C. mayonnaise
2 cloves (1 T.) fresh garlic, minced
1 lemon, zested
1 T. lemon juice
½ t. anchovy paste
½ C. Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ t. Kosher salt
¼ t. coarse black pepper

Cut potatoes in half if large. Add to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 40 minutes or until potatoes are easily split with a fork. Drain, add back to pan and add oil. Smash. Mince garlic, zest lemon. Add mayonnaise, garlic, zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and anchovy paste. Stir. Add Parmesan, stir.

Serving Suggestions: Serve with a salad and grilled lamb chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment