Sunday, August 2, 2015

Chicken Fried Steak Fingers

Tried this new presentation of Chicken Fried Steak, serving it as an appetizer, cutting it into fingers before you dredge and fry and using the gravy as a dipping sauce.  It was a good snack for afternoon baseball for the two of us, I wouldn't make it for company and I more than likely won't make it again for us.  The steak was a spoon for me to eat more gravy.  At least if I keep it as a steak I don't believe I would eat as much gravy.  I only did two steaks (less than a half a pound each) and almost all the gravy was gone, had a ton of leftover flour and egg so that should have been reduced when I reduced the beef. 


Original recipe came from The Pioneer Woman, she cooked it for her boys which makes more sense.  It was a bit boring for me although we did eat it all so not bad, just not exciting as I would have liked.



No comments:

Post a Comment