Thursday, July 23, 2015

Zucchini Stuffing

I realized I never published the Zucchini Stuffing Casserole.  During a visit to PA in January of 2013, my sister in law made this for dinner one night with a turkey breast.  She got the recipe from a neighbor.  I wasn’t interesting in eating it at first when she called it a Zucchini Casserole because I know she hadn't tasted it and I'm not a huge fan of zucchini. Since it has a cube of butter I wouldn’t make it for us, I would make it for a potluck.  After all it was very tasty and I had two servings.

ZUCCHINI STUFFING CASSEROLE
1 box of stuffing mix
1 (14.5 oz. or smaller) can cream of mushroom soup
½ C. sour cream
3 C. zucchini, sliced and cubed
½ onion, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 stick butter, melted
-3 Cheese blend, shredded

Slice and cube zucchini, grate onion and carrot.  Melt butter and mix all ingredients  except cheese in a large bowl.  Pour into a greased 9x13” pan.  Bake 350 for 30 minutes.  Top with shredded cheese and let rest 5 minutes until cheese melts.

Variation:  Add cooked chopped chicken of you want a one pot main dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment