Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More Things To Try to Be More Green

  • Air Conditioner:  Set to 78 or OFF and turn on your ceiling fans instead.
  • Heater:  Set at 66 (1 degree cuts fuel by 10%). Heater set to 65 during day and 66 in morning and evenings. (68 is considered good so don't worry if your not going lower)
  • Purchased a replaceable blade razor vs disposable razors.  Take it a step further and purchase a blade sharpener.
  • Installed a Carbon monoxide detector to help keep the air in my home safe.
  • Plastic Water bottles are no good for the environment.  Purchase a water filter and use tap water instead.
  • Line dry clothes over the tub.  I don't have an outside clothes line and frankly this is not a step I'm willing to take right now but I do dry a lot of my clothes on hangers over the tub. It helps on the wear and tear of my clothes, avoids any shrinkage if it fits perfect and the side benefit is it reduces my PGE bill.
  • Replace regular light bulbs with CFL bulbs
  • Turn off all lights and TV when not in room. 
  • Unplug all items that are not used daily.  Just having them plugged into the wall draws energy.  I mainly do this for lamps or things I don't use often.

No comments:

Post a Comment