Monday, April 4, 2011

New Food Find, Bolani East & West Gourmet Afgan food

I found Bolani at Costco but you can find them in Northern and Southern California Farmers Markets; Whole Foods in CA, Nevada, AZ and Hawaii; Andronicos and Mollie Stone's if you have one in your area.  If not you can always order them online.  They were only at Costco for a special event but maybe Costco will start carrying them.  If not it was nice to find out that I can get it elsewhere and I don't need to buy in bulk.

Bolani, East & West Gourmet Afghan food (vegan and all natural). I bought two of the Sweet Jalapeno sauce, the Cilantro Pesto and Garlic Mint Cheese and I don't even like mint. I wish I would have gotten a few of the breads but you had to buy 4 items so I really needed to split with someone.   They served the bread with multiple spreads.  Like the Cilantro Pesto with the Sweet Jalapeno or the Garlic Mint Cheese with the Sweet Jalapeno and I think they also served all three on top.  The Sweet Jalapeno can be used as a dip with cream cheese too.  I'll also try it spread on Naan bread and on my baked pita bread recipe.

I just loved it and will be buying more as I finish up these.  Now I can say I've tried Afghan food.  My diversity continues to grow.  Go me!  Can't wait to try more things.

UPDATE (July 30, 2011):  You can now get this at Costco, at least my Costco in Danville, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment