Tuesday, September 25, 2012

JALAPENO POPPER DIP

I got this recipe from a friends Pinterest board.  After looking at the original site, I read that this recipe is all over the web so I was surprised I had never seen it.  Thank goodness for Pinterest because this recipe was delicious.  As always I did make a few minor changes and will make one more the next time.

I used Neufchâtel cheese accidentally, thinking I was picking up low fat cream cheese but I didn’t notice a difference so 33% less fat is better considering what else is in this dip.  Next time I won’t top it with the Ritz crackers or butter and instead just the Parmesan. I liked using crackers to dip or bread, something plain.  Others liked the tortilla chips but I thought the corn taste was too overpowering.  I also thought although the bacon does add a smoky flavor I don’t think it is necessary.  I also read that someone substituted sour cream for the mayonnaise and I always substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream so I must give both a try.

This was a perfect football snack and much easier than making actual jalapeno poppers.
 

JALAPENO POPPER DIP
8 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 (8 oz.) packages of Neufchâtel cream cheese
1 C. mayonnaise
5 jalapenos, seeds and veins removed, chopped
1 C of cheddar cheese, shredded
½ C of mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ C diced green onion
Topping
½ C Parmesan cheese
-Crackers (Ritz or Triscuits), bread or tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Let cream cheese come to room temperature to make it soft and easy to stir. Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well. Scoop into a deep dish pie dish or any oven proof dish. Sprinkle Parmesan over dip. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment