Friday, January 21, 2011

Saturday in Union Square, SF

When my hubby and I head into the city, to Union Square, shopping is not our focus, walking, eating and drinking is.  We try and find a new restaurant and bar on our walking adventures.  If you are a shopper however their are a ton of great shops to hit including all the high end stores.  You can find Neiman Marcus, Saks, DSW and Macy's to name a few.  For a full guide, click here.  For a map of Union square, click here

Our current favorite places are as follows.  As we find new places I'll add to this list.

Daily Grill:  It is a chain restaurant but it doesn't feel like one, sophisticated and lovely.  Happy hour prices have always been good, $3.95 and $4.95 appetizers and I believe my Stolie and Soda is about $6 which is always a highlight.

Union Square Sports Bar (115 Mason St):  It use to be located across from the Daily Grill but now it's down the street.  Although it borders the Tenderloin I like this location better.  It is a nice long wooden bar with a friendly bartender.

Johnny Foleys:  It's hard to get a seat here, especially at the bar, so we don't always stay.  But when we can find a seat I have to order their salmon pizza appetizer.  Excellent.  It got me hooked on smoked salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment