Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Be Happy

I am half way through the book "Wise Mind, Open Mind" by Ronald A. Alexander PhD.  I am finding useful relatable things.  Biggest reason I started reading this book was to quite my mind and learn to meditate.  Sometimes the thoughts just won't stop and a lot of the time they are not useful, focused or true. 

Yesterday I saw "Eat, Pray, Love".  In the beginning I found some similarities with the book I am reading and related to a few of the things she was going through but by the end you just want to say "get over it, be happy with what you have and where you are in your life, and stop frantically searching for something more because your missing the present".

Then this morning I saw a video clip on FB called "Be Happy".  I could have saved $9 at the movies and just watched this short.  I loved it and think if you focus on these items life will be better.  I have a great life and I just need to quit stressing out and searching for more of a purpose without work.  The powers at work are trying to tell me something...am I listening?  Below is what the video listed.

BE HAPPY
  • Be happy
  • Show up
  • Follow your heart
  • Find a new perspective
  • Have a sense of wonder
  • Find people you love
  • Set goals
  • Help others
  • Dance
  • Pamper yourself
  • Face your fears
  • Go to a museum
  • Exercise
  • Limit TV
  • Get in touch with nature
  • Lighten up
  • Have a good nights sleep
  • Read books
  • Buy yourself flowers
  • Don’t compare yourself to others
  • Don’t beat yourself up
  • Be open to new ideas
  • Don’t focus on the negative
  • Focus on creating what you desire
  • Keep romance in your life
  • Make a gratitude list
  • Love mother earth
  • Want what you have
  • Be true to yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment