Monday, August 16, 2010

Lisa's Corn Salad

Tried a new salad this weekend, “Lisa’s Corn Salad”. I have had the recipe in my cookbook for a few years now and for some reason never made it myself. I got it from a friend of a friend who brought it to a party. It was very good then and when I made it this weekend it was even better.  As always I did make a few changes like omitting the mint.  Easy to make, colorful and very tasty. It had fresh corn, green onions, grape tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro, fresh basil, lime, EVOO, cumin, salt and pepper.  Give it a try and if your a mint lover you may want to substitute that in for the basil.

3 green onions, chopped
25 grape tomatoes, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
2 ears corn, kernels removed
1 ½ avocados, chopped
½ bunch cilantro
½ bunch basil
1 lime, juiced
Drizzle of olive oil
¼ salt
¼ t. ground chipotle
⅛ pepper

Chop onions, herbs and avocados; slice tomatoes in half, remove corn from cob. Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir.

Note: If your grape tomatoes are large cut them in quarters.  The salad will still be OK the next day but I wouldn't keep it longer because of the avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment