Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baked Pita Chips

I love hummus and baked pita chips.  It's easy, healthy and people love it.  It also makes you look like quite the home cook when you bake off your own chips.  Give this recipe a try.  I'm sure it will become a family favorite.  I tried Stacie's Naked Pita Chips and was disappointed by the crumbles that they called chips.  They were also very thick.  I thought my baked pita chips were a bit thin but after having the store bought one's mine are much better.

BAKED PITA CHIPS
1 package of pita bread
- EVOO
-Garlic Powder or garlic salt
-Paprika
-Pepper
-Kosher salt

Cut pita pocket in half. Cut each half into 3 triangles. Separate each triangle into two chips. Line cookie sheet with foil and drizzle chips with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, garlic, pepper and paprika. Bake at 400°F for 6 minutes.

Variation: Corn Chips: Use corn tortillas instead of pita bread.

HUMMUS
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
¼ C. Tahini (sesame paste)
1 t. cumin
1 t. dried parsley
2 t. minced garlic
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. olive oil
½ t. salt
½ t. dried dill
⅛ t. red pepper flakes

In a food processor add all ingredients and blend till smooth. If not mixing well add a touch more EVOO.  Serve with veggies or pita chips.

Note:  My hummus recipe is pretty thick where some I've had are more runny.  You can loosen it up by adding a bit more olive oil but I prefer to keep it more healthy and thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment