Thursday, February 10, 2011

Food: Always a good gift

I like purchasing food for gifts because you don't need to know the person's style, decor, what they have or what they need.  And best of all when the food is gone so is the gift so you are not adding to their unwanted clutter.  With Valentines day just around the corner, you don't have to stick with a standard box of chocolates you can change it up some with other goodies.

Here are some ideas I have heard about
Truffles:  I tried these truffles at a winery and they were very good.  They can even be used for wedding favors.  They are from Truffle Gateau.  You can order them on  line or by phone at 888-772-0892

Truffles:  I haven't tried these truffles but the designs were extraordinary.  They are made in the USA and are by MarieBelle.  You can get them at Cambria Cove, Item# 266363, 16 pc. for $45 or # 266364, 25 pieces for $60.00.  The pix here is too small to see the designs but there is a better picture on the website. 


Hot Chocolate on a Stick:  I found these in my Oprah magazine. They seem like a great idea, chocolate on a stick to create a hot chocolate drink.  They are from Petrossian, Item# HCD6, 6 pc. for $18.00

Cupcakes:  Cupcakes are the rage.  There are cupcake shops popping up all over the country, claiming to have the best cupcakes around.  These were on the O List in Oprah's magazine.  I haven't tried them but since they are in Napa I will give them a try next time I'm in the area.  These are from Perfect Endings.  Unfortunately there web site isn't working properly so I can't confirm the price but per the magazine they are $59 for 9 cupcakes.  I don't know if the expense is worth it but I'll let you know when I find out their location.

Biscuits:  These biscuits were also in the Oprah magazine's O List.  I love a good biscuit so I must give these a whirl.  By Callies Charleston Biscuits, the Cheese and Chive are $35.90 for 2 dozen.  Don't they look great.

Chocolate Cups:  Have you seen these chocolate dessert shells.  I have had similar one's served with Port wine inside.  Great party appetizer filled with berries and cream or a moose.  From Cambria Cove, Item #296039 for $38 for 24 pieces. 

In the past for family gifts,  I have purchased the Williams Sonoma Crescents and they are always a hit, the Moose Munch from Harry and David this 2010 Christmas, haven't heard if they liked it, Plow and Hearth nuts were a hit in 2009.  These are in previous post in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment