Saturday, July 18, 2020

New Recipe, from an Old Fine, Ramen Pancakes?

I found this recipe in my cookbook but I don’t know where it came from and don’t remember making it before and since I didn’t have a picture but it was in my cookbook so I had to gave it a try.  It was OK but it needs help, good during these Covid times when you are wondering what to do with that Ramen package and spare zucchini.  However it needs more flavor in the patty, a better sauce, the soy/lemon was too salty and boring and toss the salty flavor package and try again.  When I do I'll update this post.  Thinking adding a chili garlic sauce and some honey so the sauce is sweet and spicy.

RAMEN PANCAKES 
3 oz. pkg. Ramen noodles, any flavor, toss spice package
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
2 T. all purpose flour
2 T. oil
Sauce:
1 T. soy sauce
1/2 T. fresh lemon juice

Break package of noodles into 4 sections. Cook as package directs, drain. Reserve seasoning packet. Put cooked noodles in a medium bowl. Stir in zucchini, carrot, eggs, flour and 1/2 t. seasoning from noodle packet. Heat 1 T. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Measure out 1/4 cup for each pancake. Fry 2-2 1/2 minutes per side.  Sauce:  Mix soy sauce and lemon juice and serve with pancakes. Makes 6-7 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment