Tuesday, August 10, 2021

This was a nice change to classic potato salad and was a better combination than I expected.  It was refreshing, light and didn’t heat up my house to make it since I cooked it on the BBQ.  Original recipe came from #142 Aug 2020 of Cuisine At Home.  It used fresh corn, red onion and parsley vs basil.  I used what I had on hand.  

I served this with Grilled Salmon sprinkled with Everything Bagel Spice.



GRILLED POTATO CORN SALAD

1 lb. bag baby red and fingerling mixed colored potatoes
1 white or red onion, Cut into 6 wedges, leaving root in tact
15 oz. can fire roasted corn, drained
1 C. grape tomatoes, cut in half
Dressing
3 T. sherry vinegar
2 T. EVOO
1/4 C. fresh basil
1 T. fresh oregano, minced
1 t. Dijon mustard
1/8 t. coarse black pepper
1/8 t. Kosher salt

Preheat BBQ to 250F.  Toss potatoes and onion chunks in oil.  Skewer potatoes, leaving about an inch or two of space between each potato.   Add to grill along with onion chunks.  Cook 20 minutes, flip half way.  

In mason jar add dressing ingredients.  Shake to mix.  When potatoes are done, cut into bite size pieces along with onions.  Slice tomatoes in half.  Drain corn.  Add everything to a large bowl, toss with dressing.

Note:  I only used 12 potatoes since it was just the two of us but the dressing can handle the entire bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment