Tuesday, February 8, 2022

New Recipe, Broiled Caesar Salad Wedges

It has been awhile since I posted but I'm going to get back to it.  Last nights dinner was EXCELLENT!!!  And it was all veggies but the star of the plate was the Broiled Caesar Salad Wedge.  It  was really all I needed.  It is a company or special occasion worthy dish yet easy enough to eat every week.  One of my 2022 goals includes getting away from bagged salads if I can make it from scratch and enjoy it just as much and it starts with making my own dressing.  This one was a winner.  The item in red is something I will be trying next time.  Here in CA this week it is BBQ weather!

EGGLESS CEASAR DRESSING

2 filets flat anchovies, packed in oil
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. Dijon mustard
3/4 C. (12 T.) olive oil
1 T. Worcestershire
1 C. Parmigiano Reggiano
1/4 t. coarse black pepper 

Add all to a small blender, food processor.  Blend on medium until smooth.  

Note:  If you don’t blend the dressing smash anchovies on a glass plate with salt to a fine paste, add grated garlic, smash some more.  This was thick which was perfect for broiling.  If tossing in a salad start with only 1/2 C. Parmesan.

Serving Suggestions:  

  • Toss with romaine lettuce, croutons and a protein like chicken or shrimp for a full meal.
  • Broiled, Company’s Coming:  Broil or set oven to 500F.  Lay romaine halves, cut side up on a sheet pan.  Brush some dressing, making sure that it gets between the leaves with a using a silicone pastry brush.  Cover each romaine half with up to 1/4 C. Parmesan and bake or broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3-4 minutes.  Serve with croutons.  
  • Grill romaine heart halves on a greased grill on medium heat for 1-6 minutes, till char marks.  I haven't tried this yet but I will and then I'll know how many minutes, recipes I found vary and this it too much of a difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment