Saturday, August 21, 2010

Salad Spinners

If you eat salads at home a salad spinner is a must have.  Washing and drying salad can be a pain and this takes that all away.  It also allows you to store the clean cut up lettuce in it if you don't use it all.  I think the water in the bottom of the spinner helps keep the salad fresh longer.  When I wash and store my Romaine lettuce in the spinner it will last 4-5 days without going brown.  Those are better results than storing it in a regular bowl or zip top bag.  I have also found that Romaine lasts longer than head lettuce and as a bonus it's better for you.  If you slice it thin it can even be used on tacos or any other place you do shredded head lettuce.

The brand I have is OXO which I believe I got at Bed Bath and Beyond but honestly I think any brand will work as long as it has a sturdy bowl, a colander, a pump to make it spin and the ability to lock the pump down for storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment