Thursday, May 9, 2013

Places to Visit in San Francisco's North Beach

I've decided to compile a list of my favorite places or places I think someone else may want to see, what to do while you are there.  I already have a list of my favorite eateries.  In the past I've listed different days we have spent in different areas but what I want to do here is compile all my favorites in one location to make it easier for those traveling to the area and looking for more than just the touristy attractions. 

I already have a list of the restaurants in San Francisco I want to try so if you wish to try them first, click here, to see what I'm looking forward to trying.

I'm starting with San Francisco's North Beach district.  My absolute favorite place to hang out in San Francisco.

  • City Lights Booksellers & Publishers – for those into poetry and books stop by this historic beat nick book store.  I myself don't read much so it is not my thing but I thought I should include in anyways.
  • Beach Blanket Babalon:  This local play changes frequently based on what is going on in the news so it is a show you can see multiple times but it is defiantly one you must at least see once.
  • Washington Square:  Stop by on a weekend afternoon and you will see people hanging out in the sun, dogs playing fetch, people exercising, and if your lucky an art show or event.  It is a nice park to hang out and people watch or to eat your sandwich in the sun.
  • Coit Tower:  It is a long steep walk up to Coit Tower but it is doable and worth it.  I've done it starting from the Embarcadero side (via the Filbert Steps, where you walk through what is known as Grace Marchant Gardens), up a ton of stairs but through beautiful homes to finally get to the top for a fabulous view on a clear day and then inside for the murals.  You can drive up but it is limited parking so you may not get a spot.
Here are some links to some specific days in North Beach:  Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon,




No comments:

Post a Comment